Sportsbooks from all around the world rely on their welcome offers not only to attract new customers with the bonuses but also to track their customers’ likes when it comes to bonuses. That way, they gather marketing and statistical information that helps them come up with more attractive offers for the punters. In this article, we will explore the different types of welcome offers and do our best to explain them to you.
Popular Types of Welcome Bonuses for Sportsbooks
Deposit bonuses are the most common types of welcome offers out there. You can see them referred to as match bonuses, deposit match, etc. Each Sportsbook gives a different percent deposit bonus, but the most common one is a 100% match. For example, if you deposit $100 and enter the code you need for the bonus during your deposit or registration (depending on the terms and conditions), you get $200 to play with. Another example, a 50% welcome offer means that if you deposit $200, you will have $300 in your account ($200+$100). Usually, these types of bonuses have similar terms you have to follow, or your bonus will disappear along with your winnings. Some of those conditions are:
- You have a certain period in which you have to use your bonus funds and complete the wagering requirements. If you don’t do those things in the given timeframe, you lose your bonus and any winnings you might have won from it.
- Almost all deposit bonuses have wagering requirements you need to complete. They are sometimes called playthrough or rollover requirements. You will need to bet with the bonus funds you get a certain amount of time to be able to withdraw any of your winnings you might have.
- You will only be allowed to roll over the Sportsbook bonus, and not all bet types would be eligible for the rollover requirement.
To find out all of the conditions of these types of bonuses, you can head to the promotions page and read the terms and conditions of the welcome bonus.
Free Bet Offers
Free Bet Welcome Offers are also very popular. Sportsbooks give them out as bonuses for new but also existing customers. If you register with the unique bonus code to their site, you will get a certain amount in Free Bets, which means that you can place these bets on matches and won’t be required to use the funds you deposited. Almost always, conditions like the following ones go hand in hand with these types of offers:
- You will need to deposit the minimum required amount to the site before you receive your reward.
- The free bets won’t be withdrawn, so you have to place the free bets on games.
- Sometimes there are playthrough requirements on the winnings from the free wagers.
- You have a certain period to accept and use your free bets, and also a period to complete the playthrough requirements.
- There are types of bets you won’t be able to place using the free bet bonus, and you won’t be able to cash-out your winnings either.
Risk-Free Wager Promotions
Risk-free bets are another trendy welcome bonus. These types of bonuses only activate if you lose the first wager you place. The Sportsbook has a maximum refund amount, and if you lose more than that amount, it would only be refunded to an extent. Here are the prevalent conditions that follow these types of bonuses:
- You have to fund your account and place a qualifying wager on the Sportsbook.
- Only your first wager counts toward the promotion, and you would only receive a refund up to an amount.
- The promotions will activate if you lose your qualifying wager.
- Certain wager types don’t count toward the promotion, including cash-out and free bets.
- You have to use your free bet refund within a specific timeframe.
- In most cases, you would have to use your free bet in full.
No Deposit Bonuses
“No Deposit Bonuses” are the rarest kind of welcome offers out there. The explanation is what it sounds like, you only have to sign up to the Sportsbook, and you will immediately receive the reward. Many restrictions, such as: usually accompany these types of bonuses
- Short expiry periods
- High wagering requirements
- Betting restrictions
It would be challenging to get this type of bonus and complete all the necessary terms so you can withdraw your winnings, but it’s a great way to experience the platform and what it has to offer without losing your funds.
Profit Boosts Offer
Profit Boosts are the opposite of risk-free bonuses. If you sign up for the Sportsbook, you will get a different percent profit boost, which is applied to your first wager’s winnings. Just like the other types of bonuses, you have to follow certain conditions to get this promotion. These are the most common ones:
- You will have to register for the platform and make your first deposit.
- If your first qualifying wager wins, you will receive a certain percentage of profit boost on your winnings from that wager only.
- The winnings have a cap declared by the Sportsbook.
- Bets placed with free credits or cashed-out don’t count as eligible wagers.
- You will have a particular timeframe in which you would have to place your first qualifying wager.
Sportsbook Welcome Offers – Summary
No matter where you are in the world, the bookmakers would most likely offer one of these welcome bonuses to their new customers. If they offer something useful and innovative, you should check them out because they might be the next best thing. All of these bonuses are amazing for new customers and give them the chance to explore the platform of the bookie and the Sportsbook features as well. Each Sportsbook gives out a different amount as their welcome offer, but as almost everything else in this world – the bigger, the better. When choosing a Sportsbook, you should also take a look at other factors, not only their welcome offer. Take some time to learn more about their practices, read other punters’ opinions, and then decide which Sportsbook you would play bet with.